- Elementary and Middle Grades Assessments (grades 3-8)
- The Proficiency Assessments for Wyoming Students, PAWS, is a summative assessment in reading, mathematics, and science. The PAWS in reading and mathematics is administered once a year in grades 3-8. The PAWS science assessment is administered in grades 4 and 8.
- The PAWS-Alternate (PAWS-ALT) is given once a year to students with significant cognitive disabilities in grades 3-8 in reading and mathematics and in grades 4, and 8 in science.
- The Student Assessment of Writing Skills, SAWS, is a summative writing assessment administered once a year in grades 3, 5 and 7.
- SAWS-ALT is for students with significant cognitive disabilities and is administered in grades 3, 5, 7.
- High School Assessments (grades 9-12)
- EXPLORE is the initial assessment of the ACT College and Career Readiness System. It assesses students' achievement in English, math, reading, and science. This assessment will be administered to all 9th graders for the first time in the spring of 2013.
- PLAN is the second assessment of the ACT College and Career Readiness System, and it is administered once a year to all 10th graders. It assesses students' achievement in English, math, reading, and science.
- ACT Plus Writing is the capstone of the ACT College and Career Readiness System. It measures students' general learning outcomes in English, math, reading, writing, and science. This assessment is given once a year to all students in the 11th grade.
- WorkKeys is an optional assessment in grades 11 and 12 in 2013 and grade 11 in 2014, and is used to assess a student's job skills. In prior years, WorkKeys was available as a substitute to the ACT; however, it can no longer be substituted per state statute.
- PAWS-ALT is given once a year to students with significant cognitive disabilities in grades 9-11, SAWS-ALT is administered in only grade 11 at the high school level.
- COMPASS is an optional computer-adaptive college placement assessment. Students are to be given the opportunity to take this assessment at least one (1) time during their senior year.
- English Proficiency Assessments
- The ACCESS for ELLs® is required once a year with all students who are English language learners. It assesses students' progress in attaining English proficiency.
In addition to the statewide assessment system, Wyoming schools and students also participate in the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), also known as the Nation's Report Card, every other year. The next administration of the NAEP is in 2013.