- Develop effective and efficient internal policy processes.
- Develop and implement a plan to systematically engage the Wyoming Department of Education, school districts, and the Joint Education Committee, among others.
- Support continued improvement in school districts, including in student achievement and growth, educator evaluations, school improvement plans, and accreditation among other areas.
- Set education policy to realize the Wyoming State Board of Education's vision.
- Foster relationships between the Wyoming State Board of Education, Wyoming Department of Education, the State Legislator, and school districts.
- Support continuous improvement.
- Advocate on behalf of students, educators, and citizens.